Windows Vs *Nix

Discussion about IRCBot, it's plugins, etc.
Author
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Windows

Windows Vs *Nix

Post by Zaptoid »

Hey guys

I'm contemplating on purchasing this bot for our online entertainment station.

My question:

I'm not sure whether we are going to Windows or the *Nix route, will the license I purchase work for either version or is it locked down to only Windows or only *Nix?

I'll only be running 1 version of the bot but I'm not sure on which platform, would it be possible to test both separately but on both versions(Ie, Windows/*Nix)?

Ideally I'd like to have SAM Broadcaster configured on the Windows machine to see how it handles requests etc, but I would also like(not concurrently) test our current "AutoDJ" that runs on a Linux box with your AutoDJ bot functions to see if it kicks it's ass. By the specs you guys have given, it looks like it'll blow ours out of the water as we developed our eggy that does all the waffle.

I'm not trying to get out of the payment, that's not what I'm trying here. I'm just trying to find the best solution for us. I will obviously pay for your software before I test anything but I wanted to confirm that it would work for either OS before making the decision.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Re: Windows Vs *Nix

Post by Indy »

Your license will let you run both the Windows and Linux version; you won't be restricted to one OS.
I'd definitely try the bot's AutoDJ before shelling out for SAM or another one. Since it's designed along with the bot it has the best integration.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

Zaptoid
IRCBot Platform: Windows

Re: Windows Vs *Nix

Post by Zaptoid »

Thank you for the feedback.

We own several legal copies of SAM Broadcaster, but will most certainly try out the AutoDJ version of the bot as it will save us a license.

I just need to confirm that everyone is happy on our side, then it's all systems go.

Once again, thank you for the response.