Adjust Frequency of Track Selection

Discussion about IRCBot, it's plugins, etc.
Author
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Windows

Adjust Frequency of Track Selection

Post by ktekradio »

We have noticed that RadioBot tends to "favor" certain tracks in our library. Granted, our library is relatively small (~1700 tracks), but RadioBot will often avoid certain tracks for ones it has played previously. I have set the "norepeat" and "norepeat-artist" (I believe those are the parameter names) in ircbot.conf, but the bot just seems to wait for that timeout to expire and repeats tracks. In the last month, over half of our library has gone unplayed.

Is there any way to control this outside of those parameters? The tracks it appears to favor are all in one specific folder, if that helps. The library is in C:\Users\KTEK Studio\Music and that folder is C:\Users\KTEK Studio\Music\pony

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Re: Adjust Frequency of Track Selection

Post by Indy »

Which queue plugin are you using? They all have slightly different properties but they use the WELL random number generator so the song picks are pretty well equidistributed.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

ktekradio
IRCBot Platform: Windows

Post by ktekradio »

We are using AutoDJ with the Queue_MySQL plugin.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

Yeah, that one is pretty pure WELL. The adjq_mysql_new one has some extra logic that adds weight based on the song ratings but the regular one doesn't.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

I did some tests on different RNGs that claim a certain amount of uniform distribution (MT, WELL, PCG); it doesn't seem like any are all that uniform in their outputs. The bot does re-seed the randomizer nightly so which tracks the randomizer favors should change when that happens. You may want to run a SUM() SQL query to get your total media library play time then set NoRepeat to like 3/4 of that and see if that helps.