Schedule a file for play at a specific time, stored elsewhere then moved into library.

Author

Schedule a file for play at a specific time, stored elsewhere then moved into library.

Post by spindizy »

Our station has started picking up shows.. it would be nice if there was a directory that shows could be stored in, until scheduled, in the bot, and then after playing at the specified time, the show is then moved into the main library folder.

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Re: Schedule a file for play at a specific time, stored else

Post by Indy »

This isn't built-in to the bot but it would be very easy to script. When you want it to play just:

Move file into the library folder
ibctl to relay the file, next (if needed), then reload to rescan the library folder.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

spindizy

Post by spindizy »

I understand its easy to script.

Considering im not the one in our group who's dealing with these shows, i'd have to build something for the non admins..

Right now ive got them doing it manually from IRC..

So a scheduled function would make everyones lives easier.

spindizy

Post by spindizy »

Also (at least from irc) a !reload doesnt rescan the folder. I have to !restart to get it to rescan.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

!reload only reloads your ircbot.text, !autodj-reload re-scans your music folder.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

spindizy

Post by spindizy »

Thank you for that tip, Indy..

Comment: Since there's already a !schedule function... Why not add another 4-6 variables that allows for what im asking? Just add the following to !schedule

currently a onetime show schedule add looks like !addschedule YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM HH:MM Show Description
What about adding a filename to that? Maybe a seperate command..

!add2schedprerec YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM HH:MM filename.ext "Show Description"

And add a configuration entry for "Scheduled shows location" to keep them seperate from the bot's autoplay
And another for "Move show to libraray after air"

I ask because this is still an issue for me and making seriously consider moving to airtime where its much more pointy and clicky for noobs.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

That plugin isn't related to AutoDJ, it doesn't actually schedule anything it's just informational.

Specialized functions like that would be on your end and pretty easy to script as I outlined earlier.