Web version of the DJ console

Author

Web version of the DJ console

Post by neo5287 »

Id like to create a page where my DJs can control all aspects of the show from one page, To do this id love to see a web based DJ console, So they can use all the features of the executable without the need to run/install the client.

Is this possible?

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Re: Web version of the DJ console

Post by Indy »

I do have a few basic commands in a web-based version in the WebRequest v2 series, but it is ridiculously basic.

To provide a real client needs a persistent data connection... maybe in Flash or a Java applet.

I don't know the first thing about making a Java applet and haven't touched Flash since high school (ancient Flash 7 lol), but I'll take a look.

If someone knows flash and wants to volunteer that would be great, the protocol is documented openly (on "the wiki" as I often refer to) and I'll help any way I can of course.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

bullseye
IRCBot Version I Use: v4

Post by bullseye »

nice idea!
http://www.Double-Digital.com
Visit our webpage for more info about us, we can also help you with the bot when needed

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

How far did you get on this neo5287?
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

I guess not very far lol.

neo5287

Post by neo5287 »

No sorry, I didnt even start to look at it further than checking out the wiki site. It is still something I want to look at one day in the hopefully not so distant future, other projects have taken up an inordinate amount of my time. If anyone has had any progress with this, please let me know and I would be interested in hearing what has been done :)

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

I'm afraid not much can be done, there are a few commands implemented in WebRequest v2 but that's about it.

Unfortunately I'm just not very "graphical" and though I've tried a couple of times over the last few years I've just never been able to get a handle on Flash.

JAMITIN
IRCBot Platform: FreeBSD

Post by JAMITIN »

I know this is an old request/thread, but I know of a workaround.

Give your DJs an html with an IRC widget (qwebirc, mibbit) and directions on how to use it on the bottom, and have them control it via IRC.

westjgames

Post by westjgames »

JAMITIN wrote:I know this is an old request/thread, but I know of a workaround.

Give your DJs an html with an IRC widget (qwebirc, mibbit) and directions on how to use it on the bottom, and have them control it via IRC.
A bit of a far cry from what we're asking. I know of a team that is working on this. I'll let you know how far they get.
http://fillydelphiaradio.net/
The best P0N-3 Music

spindizy

Post by spindizy »

I'd stay far away from flash, its being phased out.. however, websockets in html5 could make this a reality.

https://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials ... ts/basics/