Discord Bot

Discussion about IRCBot feature requests. Note: To create a thread in this forum, go to the Feature Request page on the main site and create a new Feature Request.
Author

Discord Bot

Post by dommage »

Since Discord seems to takeover IRC it would be nice to have the bot on an Discord server ! Maybe using discord.js

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Re: Discord Bot

Post by Indy »

It doesn't look like that is an open protocol, everything is through their servers.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

dommage

Post by dommage »

Yeah everything is through their servers but there's Discord.js api that is used by almost every bot. I've managed to create a "cogs" for "redbot" that scrap data from the "WebRequest System" and input it in my channel. (!song, !dj...) And I've found a bot "Sinusbot" that can stream my Radio to a specific channel 24/7. Since I'm not a professional programmer (I usually just google what I want and adapt it to fit my need) I'm stuck there!

spindizy

Post by spindizy »

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Post by Indy »

It looks like Pidgin supports Discord, so you could use the Pidgin plugin to connect to it.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

DirtySkeMe
IRCBot Platform: Windows

Post by DirtySkeMe »

dommage wrote:Yeah everything is through their servers but there's Discord.js api that is used by almost every bot. I've managed to create a "cogs" for "redbot" that scrap data from the "WebRequest System" and input it in my channel. (!song, !dj...) And I've found a bot "Sinusbot" that can stream my Radio to a specific channel 24/7. Since I'm not a professional programmer (I usually just google what I want and adapt it to fit my need) I'm stuck there!
Thank you for Sinusbot

Rocksound

Post by Rocksound »

i would like to see if how to config Pidgin to a discord server or do a api to a discord server

RaythXC

Post by RaythXC »

I do my discord bots in discord.net with c# i wouldn't mind if anyone has figured out how to link shoutirc to a bot with this?