|Tips on picking a VPS
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Indy [ Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:14 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Tips on picking a VPS|
When picking a VPS, here are some things you should think about:
2. Avoid OpenVZ-based VPSes unless they include over 1GB (1024MB) of RAM. Most of the time you can't set up any swap to supplement your RAM giving you no buffer when you need extra memory.
3. For servers with less than 1GB of RAM, use nginx or Lighttpd instead of Apache if you want to run a web server. They use less memory and are less affected by low memory conditions.
4. If your VPS has the bandwidth you can run your own SHOUTcast or Icecast server on your VPS, you don't have to use a 3rd party hosting service for them.
5. SHOUTcast servers are dead simple to set up, don't waste your money on a control panel like Centovacast unless you don't have IRCBot Full and need an AutoDJ.
6. Don't get the cheapest VPS you can find, as with everything you get what you pay for. A super cheap VPS is likely to be unstable and/or slow.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group