SMS <-> IRC & IRCBot

Author

Re: SMS <-> IRC & IRCBot

Post by MattEnloe »

Turned off AVG (annoying, wish you could fix) and got could not parse _rnr_se token!

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Post by Indy »

It will reply to them via the Google Voice account you specify. A good start would be to SMS your Google Voice account whoami or !whoami to test it out.

If it still can't parse the token, double-check your Google Voice password; if it has done it several times you might have to shut down the plugin for a while as it might be trying to do a CAPTCHA or something.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

MattEnloe

Post by MattEnloe »

Beautiful.

Only problem is it sends like 5 SMS's per command... possible to make them into one or use a picmessage for max chars of 1000? Also would like to be able to specify only three songs for mobile, etc.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

Those are 2 things I plan on trying to do, some kind of message combining and also setting a flag so @find will return fewer results, etc.

What is a pic message?
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

MattEnloe

Post by MattEnloe »

A media message. It allows up to 1000 characters in one message and you can attach files and everything, it's how websites that make you ringtones work.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

I added those options to the latest build now. The LineMerge option in your SMS section will join the lines, but unfortunately newlines don't seem to work in text messages.

MattEnloe

Post by MattEnloe »

Texts should have their own newline character, I've seen it done before.

Is there an easier way to do SAM song requests on phones than pasting the entire line back?

Ideally, it would look like this with linemerge on.

Search with X Results - 1 (song), 2 (song), 3 (song) etc.

Reply would only have to be the number of the song in the list... way easier to do. BUT would also be able to accept direct MP3 name requests as well for bookmarking purposes.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

Well, I only have Google Voice to test with but maybe it's just them that don't support newlines?

The number system may be possible, the bot would just have to remember the results for each person and cache them for ~10-15 minutes or so to give people a chance to respond.

MattEnloe

Post by MattEnloe »

It seems like it should be feasible, I mean ChaCha does it. :S

Can you implement that with a user-customizable time limit?

I would also like IRCBot.text-configurable lines for what the bot sends to cell phones.

My users LOVE this by the way, so kudos.

If you'd like to test with my bot, feel free.

irc.summaxr.com, channel #radio and mobile # is in the topic.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

Actually, it looks like the build I uploaded still has the newlines enabled, so it looks like Google Voice is stripping them out.

The actual commands aren't re-implemented just for SMS, that was a problem in IRCBot v2 was commands would have to be redone for each new communication method.

In IRCBot v3/4 commands are abstracted and can be used with IRC, DCC chat, Skype, Jabber, SMS, etc., without reimplementing them.