DJ Switching / Bot Kick

Author

DJ Switching / Bot Kick

Post by Guest »

Im having problems with my DJs who seem to be uber forgetful, they forget to start the bot after thier show and unless I or someone else notices we may be streaming silence till then. As our files on the bot are usually in the region of 1-2 hours long the count in feature is pretty useless for us.

What would be a god send would be a button which stopped the Bot for 10 secs and then started again automatically. So if a DJ did forget then it would kick in anyway. Is this a possible feature or a module even? You do not relise how much hassle this would save me, my station co-owner is forever critising the IRCBot for this reason.....Help me show him the finger!! :P

Long live IRCBot!!!

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Re: DJ Switching / Bot Kick

Post by Indy »

Right now there are 2 easy ways to help that:

1. Tell DJs to !autodj-play right after they connect, they don't need to wait until after they are done to tell the bot to take back over first so they aren't as likely to forget.
2. Set AutoPlayIfNoSource in your AutoDJ/Options section (see: http://wiki.shoutirc.com/index.php/Conf ... .2FOptions)

In IRCBot v4, I may be able to add a "!autodj-stop now" or something like that to tell it to skip the countdown part.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

neo5287

Post by neo5287 »

Does this work even if a DJ has used !autodj-force

cheers

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

Yep, it should.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

neo5287

Post by neo5287 »

nicee one, yeah if you can put an extra command in v4 for me that me smashing :) even better would be if it still counted them in, maybe pm's the user back counting them in 10 and stopping but as we said not wait till the current track ends as mine are soooo long :) what do you think?

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

Yeah, I'll try to get that in v4.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

DJs in v4 will now be able to use !autodj-stop and it will disconnect right away and give them 10 seconds to connect.

neo5287

Post by neo5287 »

Great :D thanks a lot for that, is the time to connect user configurable?

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

Currently it is hardcoded to 10 seconds, I don't know if anyone is slower than that???