Ability to log in but disable requests

Author

Ability to log in but disable requests

Post by Guest »

Have a !login/!logout command to set the active dj (for the "DJName Nick" setting), separate from the !reqlogin/!reqlogout commands to allow stream attribution without forcing requests to be enabled.

SnowLeopard

Re: Ability to log in but disable requests

Post by SnowLeopard »

Since I have just started using v4, I have greatly appreciated the ability of the bot to announce the DJ Name based on the bot user account instead of relying on the stream.

However, there doesn't appear to be a way to be the active DJ, but having requests disabled. This would be great for attributing the current stream to the live DJ (and placing their nick in the topic/etc), but not having to have requests forced "on" and explaining to people that !request songs that you aren't really taking requests.

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Post by Indy »

That may be possible, typically if you don't want to take requests you just set your DJ nick as part of the station name though (like how IRCBot v3 got the DJ info and v4 does when you aren't !reqlogin'ed).
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

SnowLeopard

Post by SnowLeopard »

Our specific case is when we have DJs doing special shows - EG: tributes to a specific artist, trivia, etc.
In these cases, we would like to attribute the stream to them, but not have them getting !req PMs when they're not taking requests.

We are also unable to change the station name on the fly, due to transcoder limitations. What the DJ sets in SAM is not being shown to the listener stream.

These limitations are able to be worked around, and we are doing so at the moment.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

SnowLeopard wrote:We are also unable to change the station name on the fly, due to transcoder limitations.
If you set the first shoutcast/icecast in your ircbot.conf to your main shoutcast (even if it's just a hub to feed others) it will pick up from that server and always show the latest title.
SnowLeopard wrote:What the DJ sets in SAM is not being shown to the listener stream.
Make sure you have a %s in your shoutcast's Station Name string so it will show the user input station name.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

This feature is in source now for the upcoming IRCBot v5.