Windows Live Messenger plugin

Author

Windows Live Messenger plugin

Post by Guest »

it will be bit like skype plugin but it will say the current song and you can @request songs and @find songs on it and near all the commands like mIRC

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Re: Windows Live Messenger plugin

Post by Indy »

WLM doesn't appear to provide a plugin SDK that would let you hook messages, etc., like Skype does.

Also in my experience making plugins for IM networks in the past (AIM/Yahoo), they aren't designed to handle fast interactive communications like on IRC or PMs with responses over 1-2 lines without flooding off or dropping messages. Skype and Jabber (which is supported by the bot on Linux/FreeBSD) don't seem to have those limitations.

One possibility for more IM integration would be to use libpurple from Pidgin (or something similar, depending on licensing), I don't know if you are interested in that or not. You would probably still run in to the flooding off/dropping messages problems like I mentioned above though.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

Rocksound
IRCBot Platform: Windows

Post by Rocksound »

yea i am very but depends on if you have to pay for that service do you?

Rocksound

Post by Rocksound »

Skype (which is supported by the bot on Linux/FreeBSD) don't seem to have those limitations. but on windows does have limitations unless you can sort that out dude

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

Pidgin/libpurple is a free open source IM client that you can use instead of the official ones so you can have all your different IM accounts in one app. I'll have to check on the licensing, or find something else similar to libpurple but it may be possible to add support for it.
Rocksound wrote:Skype (which is supported by the bot on Linux/FreeBSD) don't seem to have those limitations. but on windows does have limitations unless you can sort that out dude
Skype limits how fast you can send messages on Windows now?
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

Rocksound

Post by Rocksound »

you can't request or find songs on the windows irc bot with skype for some reasons

Rocksound

Post by Rocksound »

it just goes pass the bot to the skype but it logs it but noneing works like reqeusts and find features

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

I think the current build of the Skype plugin currently only accepts messages from recognized users, although I just added the option to respond to anyone in source so future builds should work for that.

To make sure you are recognized, don't forget to add your Skype hostmask to the bot for your account. e.g. yourskypeusername![email protected]

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

New information on this: You can use the free software Bitlbee to get on IM networks. It acts as an IRC server and bridges IRC protocol to IM services. MSN, Yahoo, AIM/ICQ, etc. are supported.