Support for chatago chat system

Author

Support for chatago chat system

Post by kagibson »

rather then requiring a IRC channel perhaps there would be a way to interface with a website using a chatago chat system instead? You can still PM a bot on these system just not sure how easy it would be to change the coding.

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Re: Support for chatago chat system

Post by Indy »

I emailed Chatago to see if there is an API or anything available, we'll see if I hear back from them.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

kagibson

Post by kagibson »

from what my site admin said the software for the chat site was original written by the person that owns Magnachat.com perhaps this will help you a bit cause when I was doing a google search for chatago it come up with something completely different then what we are using. I just thought about this the other day. We would really love to be able to get away from IRC if possible but I have learned how to do all the commands and such in IRC anyway if we have to stick with that. I just think it would be cool to have the bot sit in one of our chatrooms rather then the IRC chatroom I have setup.

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Post by Indy »

Thanks, I'll check that out. One other thing you can do is use a IRC chat applet which will let user's chat directly from your website.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.