web request [already exists]

Author

web request [already exists]

Post by wendywoo »

a html/java web request to where people can request songs from web and be sent to live dj

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Re: web request

Post by Indy »

This already exists, WebRequest v2. You can download it from the same licenses page as the bot.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

sn1p0r1

Re: web request [already exists]

Post by sn1p0r1 »

may i ask where this is? i can only find the php version. Looking for basic html version as many webhosts have issues with php.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

There is only the PHP version, you might be able to get something working in Javascript though.

I'll remark this FR to Open later on and see if I can get a Java request to work. The only real issue I see is how to store your user/pass without anyone being able to figure it out.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

It doesn't look like a Java version would really work, after thinking about it anyone would be able to get your WebUser user/pass. If they didn't get it from the javascript code they could just sniff it with Wireshark.

The only thing that would really work in a secure way is another server-side language or CGI module instead of PHP; which if your server has problems with PHP it probably would have problems with CGI and other languages.

Have you tried running WebRequest v2 on your host? Did you have any issues with it?

wendywoo

Post by wendywoo »

well my webhost doesn't support php all it supports is html/java widgets in that fact I have tried the php code and when I publish it just puts the raw code up

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

Does it support any other server side scripting languages or CGI?

MattEnloe

Post by MattEnloe »

If your host doesn't support PHP you should probably get a new host... free websites are not really the way to go if you're doing anything that is custom written.