More Bot Commands

Author
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

More Bot Commands

Post by datboip »

Was wanting to intergrate wiki, imdb, google, youtube, twitter, shorturl's and other popular sites.

if i post a youtube url, it would display the name of video, views, likes, etc...

tell it a command followed by url, and it makes a bitly/tinyurl/etc ?

Like if i tell it google "shoutirc" it would reply with top results, or whatever it finds with "im feelin luckey"

tell it to wiki search, and post short description? imdb look ups.

i may have some ruby/php files that use the websites api's.... might help?

Indy
Site Admin

Re: More Bot Commands

Post by Indy »

Ruby and PHP files could definitely help. I'm fairly familiar with YouTube amd Twitter's APIs but not so much the others. I'm sure they are fairly easy though.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

As far as I can tell Google no longer has any free APIs for searching the internet, they've gotten rid of them all and created paid versions. Don't know about Yahoo or Bing.

Edit: Yahoo wants money too, but Bing will let you do 5,000 searches/month for free so that's what I went with.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

Indy
Site Admin

Post by Indy »

MediaWiki (Wikipedia, etc.) does have a decent API, but I don't know how hard it would be to take an article and make a summary out of it since so many of them have a lot of HTML/tables/etc.