Per-channel !dospam

Author

Per-channel !dospam

Post by Guest »

A command similar to !dospam that will allow users to silence the bot in a single channel. Prefer that it is able to respect channel ops in addition to the standard bot users (for use in sponsor channels where DJs/Admins may not be present, the ops in the channel can stop the announcements).

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Re: Per-channel !dospam

Post by Indy »

In source 12/27/2008, !dospam will accept a #channel parameter, or netno #channel to toggle a channels dospam flag.

Usage:
!dospam - Toggle global spam flag as usual
!dospam #chan - Toggle #chan's spam flag on current network (or network 0 if you are on a Console interface and don't specify a netno)
!dospam netno #chan - Toggle #chan's spam flag on network netno
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.

SnowLeopard

Post by SnowLeopard »

Does this still require access to the bot (at level 3, IIRC)? Or can it be done in channel by someone with Channel Ops?

If there is a need to grant those access to the bot, I may instead grant access to the IRCBot for my Bouncer bot, and have the Bouncer relay a !mute command in the channel to the IRCBot in PM as: "!mute" -> "/msg bot !dospam $chan | /msg $chan Bot spam has been toggled"

Indy
Site Admin
IRCBot Version I Use: v5
IRCBot Platform: Linux/Ubuntu

Post by Indy »

Yes, it is a level 3 command so the user will have to be in the bot's user DB. The bot doesn't know anything about channel ops/admins, it only recognizes users added to it's system.
You can also contact me via email or instant messenger, links are at the bottom of this post.